Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | PUB ---- Hello?? Anyone home??? » | Was The Lord Government dupped? » | What took so long? » | Repatriation----Success? Or Failure. » | Leaders Debate » | Jean-Paul Savoie Gives Lord the Nod. » | A slight Shift? » | Ummmmm......is anyone keeping track of how much mo... » | Media Election Coverage..... » | Riding To Watch »

When two voices are not enough

The problem with only two voices in the Legislature is that they will eventually come out sounding like they’re in stereo. The campaign so far has already showed us that policy-wise there isn’t much difference between the Liberals and Progressive Conservatives.

I’m not one to preach for the advancement of the NDP cause, but the fact remains since Elizabeth Weir stepped down from the Legislature and stepped into obscurity the Leg hasn’t been the same.

Why is the third party so important?

Recently, I was made privilege to some information concerning the possible abuse of private flights by government members from the capital to their individual ridings. When some opposition caucus members wanted to bring this to the attention of the Legislature, the outside influences that follow Shawn Graham around quickly nixed the idea. Why? Well, the reason given was the members could have said something that would come back to haunt a future Liberal government. Imagine that. The opposition ignored an issue of possible interest to the taxpayer; because the Grits would essentially do the same, that is, abuse the system.

When a lowly peon like myself is given access to such information, it scares me. I have to believe that there are dozens of other examples of such irresponsible governing. Whether they are government or opposition, the Grits and Tories run things from the same playbook.

I have plenty of Liberal friends and it just drives them when they ask me what I think about some PC policy or decision and I respond with “that’s exactly what I would do and it’s exactly what you would do.” I don’t know why they remain friends with me, but they keep coming back.

To get back to my original point, some riding in New Brunswick should take one for the team and elect an NDPer for the good of the entire province. It would be nice to have someone in the Leg who wasn’t there for the sole purpose of attaining more power. However, I don’t think the people of Fredericton-Lincoln are going to co-operate. Will anyone else? Regretfully, democracy and the people of New Brunswick aren't going to be well served in the next Leg.

|
Listed on BlogShares