Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Bernard Lord Shuffles Cabinet » | Ole Halliburton Dick Goes a Huntin'.... » | More On Emerson: » | Saint John Blogger at Oxford. » | Emerson Story Still Spinning. » | Tory supporters up in arms already?? » | Tommorrow's the big day. » | Suprised?? Not me..... » | New Brunswick Surgical Care Network » | McKenna Will not run. »

NB Power guesses tax bill????

{Story Via CBC New Brunswick }

Ummmmmmm, does anyone else find this disturbing?

NB Power has admitted they violated the Electricity act in New Brunswick by "Estimating" their tax bill instead of calculating it.

What would happen to me if I decided to "Estimate" my taxes instead of calculating them???

A Crown Corp. would'nt normally pay taxes, but the Lord government changed the law last year so NB Power now have to pay taxes.

Now we know why they are so hot to trot to get those rates up so quickly. To cover their tax bill, correct amount or not.

From the above mentioned story:
"NB Power said it decided in consultation with unnamed provincial officials to ignore the law and estimate its tax bill instead of properly calculating it."

Isn't that just wonderful. The tax payers of this province (In other words, our elected government) should demand those "unnamed provincial officials" names so we can take them to task. I'm just in awe of the audacity of these people.

If the clowns running NB Power were running a private business, they'd be bankrupt in about 10 minutes. Truly Unbelievable. Of course I shouldn’t be surprised. Every time I think they couldn’t do something more stupid? They prove me wrong.

I think it’s time for a house cleaning at NB Power. Ok Brenda, show us you deserve that cabinet post. Reign these birds in!!

|
Listed on BlogShares