Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Debate Tonight » | Blogging Article in HERE Newspaper.. » | When two voices are not enough » | PUB ---- Hello?? Anyone home??? » | Was The Lord Government dupped? » | What took so long? » | Repatriation----Success? Or Failure. » | Leaders Debate » | Jean-Paul Savoie Gives Lord the Nod. » | A slight Shift? »

Debate Thoughts

I have to start by saying I think Lord gets the nod for the debate, mostly because it was sooooo boring, and absent of any new ideas or debate. The hour was simply too short to really get into any meaningful discussion on any of the topics. It should have been 1 1/2 to 2 hours IMO. Everytime an actual debate started to happen, Terry had to cut them off. As with the campaign......ho hum, ho hum......and that's advantage incumbent.

Lord was his usual slick self, he is obviously speaking to those who support him.....nobody else. IMO he seems to be showing a touch of arrogance these days. Anyway, Five In Five, Blah, blah, blah. He probably will win.....because he's not saying anything at all, let alone anything wrong.

Graham did better than I expected, and did make a few points, however, nothing to set the campaign on fire. My complaint with Graham, is, he only seemed to want to talk Orimulsion......and while it is an issue, not sure it's the major one......gotta find something else Shawn, because Orimulsion is not going to be the insurance issue of this campaign.

Brewer did ok for her first debate, but she appeared very nervous and read far to much from her notes. It was good to hear her bring up the foolishness in the last session by the MLA's on both sides of the house. Of course, it was ignored by the other two......but a reminder to Joe Citizen can't hurt. I thought she also did an admiral job in the Healthcare section, calling Lord on healthcare cuts.

I hope the second debate is better, but since I don't subscribe to Rogers, I guess I won't be able to watch. I'll have to rely on the TJ the next day for the story...... :-(

Go ahead and say what you want about the CBC, but at least they are accesible to all New Brunswickers, not just those with cable TV. An election debate covered only by Rogers TV is a diservice to New Brunswickers IMO.

Anyway, it was as boring as I expected........and I bet will help nobody make up their mind. Mark me down as "Still Undecided."

|
Listed on BlogShares