Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Conservatives To Form the next Government. » | No Election Results Please » | Harper Interview, and the CBC » | My Picks for the Election. » | Election Picks » | Missing in Action? » | And we are supposed to trust these people?? » | Dueling Premiers?? » | U.S. Conservatives getting excited?? » | Liberals after the NDP voters again.... »

Post Election Thoughts.

Well, it was a late night. Being the junkie I am, I was up until after 3:00 am. That's late when you get up to go to work at 6:30 am. :)

Anyway, I have to think this result is a bit disappointing to the Conservatives. Realistically given the Liberals Baggage, they should have next to nothing left for seats in the House this morning. Despite the quotes i've heard on the news etc. from CPC supporters about Canadians being "stupid", I think the truth is more that many Canadians simply do not trust Stephen Harper, and his policies. This is his chance to show us what he's got....but I think his hands are tied. It's going to be a tough row to hoe I think. I'm thinking there will be no attempt to take these guys down until a new leader is in place on the Liberal bench, and an important issue comes to the books. Unless of course the CPC were to try to pass something crazy, that Canadians could get behind the Libs on. I bet they get at least 18 months to 2 years....unless , as I said they try something crazy. I think every member of the House realizes that the electorate is in no mood for another election anytime soon.

I think Paul Martin did the right thing for his Party, resigning right away. Leaves no speculation, and drama on their side of the house on the issue. I must say, I thought Martin did a classy speech, but I find it strange that his best speech as Prime Minister was when he resigned the leadership. To bad he did'nt do more of this as leader, and PM....it might have helped a bit. It's going to be intresting now to watch the potential Candidates line up for the job. I expect Frank McKenna to be a front runner if he chooses......question is....does he want the job??? Stay tuned!

Jack Layton did very well last night. He obviously profited from the anti Liberal feelings in Canada. Now he has to push the NDP agenda, and try to get some progressive things done to try and shore so of that support up or next time. Can he hold it or increase it for the next election?? Time will tell. I thought they may have got clobbered this time as they usually do after a Minority Gov. goes down....but surprise, surprise.

All in all an interesting night, and campaign. If nothing else, this should be an interesting House Of Commons also. I expect much drama, and rhetoric as it moves along. Hang on tight. This could be wilder than the last Parliament.

|
Listed on BlogShares