Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Bunch of Pricks » | Perhaps not so transparent after all? » | What's new in Kindergarden......... » | Frank Branch says he was framed....... » | Four Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan » | Lord and Charest Make An Agreement.....Kinda.... » | Tanker Malley Completes his Sellout. » | Harper muzzling freedom of speech now?? » | Who's paying for this little Junket?? » | Gas On the move.........here we go again! »

A few Thoughts....

No I haven't gone AWOL exactly, but it's simply too darn nice to spend time here in front of the computer blogging! :D

Lets see.....

First the Federal budget....
.. Harper did honor his commitment to cut the GST by 1%.....of course he also raised the lowest personal income tax rate by 1/2%.....The richest who plan on making large purchases like homes, save money, while the lower earners in our society pay more. Typically Conservative.
.. I like the Canada employment credit....at least on paper. I'll be interested to see how it will shake out.
.. I also like the $500 tax credit for parents of Children who sign up for physical fitness activities.
..I would have liked to see more for post-secondary education students in regards to tuition. No wonder our younger generation feels like they have no voice. Ignored for the most part once again. Same old, same old. I guess students simply are not important enough to our politicians eh?
..The childcare money is a farce IMO. Canadians were led to believe during the campaign that they were going to receive $1200 (which itself is pretty paltry when you take the real cost of childcare into account) and now find out they will be lucky to receive $600 to $800 after taxes?? I guess Steveo must have forgotten to mention the fine print during the election eh?
..One area that is interestingly not even mentioned is environment. That kind of speaks volumes don't you think?

Basically I'm seeing a budget whose only goal is re-election of the governing party. The conservatives are hoping that they have appeased (or pulled the ole razzle dazzle) on enough Canadians to get their majority next time around. Probably they will……then we’ll see a “real” Harper budget.

Not as good as it could have been, but not as bad as it could have been either. Some “borrowed” ideas from the Libs. But hey, what would you expect from a government who’s trying to ride down the middle to gain some support. This is not the “REAL” budget folks………that one comes after the next election if they can just get the big “M.”

That's it for now. Got to go work on my blog about our very own provincial "kindergarten" in Fredericton.

|

    About me

    • I'm PoliticsNB
    • From New Brunswick, Canada
    • I'm just a 37 year old average Joe Shmoe voter. I work a 40 hr week, and have no political affiliations. I tend to be center or left of center on most issues, but I do firmly believe in the right of the "rights" to exist. :-) You can also contact me via MSN Messenger. politicsnb@hotmail.com
    My profile
    Listed on BlogShares