Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Lord and Charest Make An Agreement.....Kinda.... » | Tanker Malley Completes his Sellout. » | Harper muzzling freedom of speech now?? » | Who's paying for this little Junket?? » | Gas On the move.........here we go again! » | Throne Speech » | Welcome to Parliament Hill. » | Posting Comments » | Haloscan commenting and trackback have been added ... » | Tanker and The Budget. »

Four Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan

First off, let me say my thoughts and sympathy go out to the families of these soldiers. We ask much of our men and women who serve in the armed forces, and sometimes that unfortunately is the ultimate sacrifice, to lay down their lives. I admit, I have at times questioned the mission itself, but never the commitment of those carrying out the mission. God Bless.

That's why it is so appalling to me that the Conservative government, with all their lip service to supporting the military, can't be bothered to lower the flag to half mast to honor our fallen soldiers.

From CBC: 4 Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan

Quote from the story:
Canada's newly elected Conservative government has decided not to lower the Canadian flag to half-mast every time a Canadian soldier is killed, saying the automatic flag-lowering was a break with tradition by the Liberals.

"We have returned to the 80-year tradition of remembering all casualties of war or operations on one day, Nov. 11th," Defense Minister Gordon O'Connor told Canadian Press. "We've just returned to a tradition."


That's a pretty piss poor attitude IMO. Our government is asking our soldiers lay their lives on the line, and don't have the decency to perform a simple task like lowering the flag when they pay the ultimate price???? Tradition be damned......that's just disrespectful In My Opinion. I have to wonder how Stephen Harper or Gordon O’Connor would feel if it was his son or daughter killed in action?? Would he then think that the "tradition" is more important than a simple act to honor a fallen soldier??

|

    About me

    • I'm PoliticsNB
    • From New Brunswick, Canada
    • I'm just a 37 year old average Joe Shmoe voter. I work a 40 hr week, and have no political affiliations. I tend to be center or left of center on most issues, but I do firmly believe in the right of the "rights" to exist. :-) You can also contact me via MSN Messenger. politicsnb@hotmail.com
    My profile
    Listed on BlogShares