Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Welcome to Parliament Hill. » | Posting Comments » | Haloscan commenting and trackback have been added ... » | Tanker and The Budget. » | NB Power Changes: » | Does this mean no spring election? » | Hey hon, can you grow us a roast for supper?? » | Dissident Tories to Watch: » | WTF??? Harper spent all the money before he landed... » | Harper Rides Into Town With Gifts. »

Throne Speech

Not too much blogging lately, as other things have been keeping me pretty occupied.

As far as the throne speech, not a lot exciting there. Basically Stephen Harper's campaign platform again. 5 priorities, yada, yada, yada. Despite what some may think, I’m trying to keep an open mind here, and see where the new government leads us. I actually can get behind 4 out of the 5, if they are done correctly. The Accountability Act, Crackdown on Crime, Patient Wait Times Guarantee I can possibly get behind (depending on the final bill of course). The GST cut, of course I can get behind, but I’m not sure it's going to make much of a difference really, at least to the poorer section of our population. Unless you have money and intend to spend some of it you will see very little savings.

Of course, the fifth, readers of my blog know, I do not agree with the Conservatives on. Their plan "Sucks the big one" as the saying goes. I hope the opposition, and the provinces stay the course to fight them on this one. Canceling deals already made with the federal government of Canada is not Kosher IMO. What kind of daycare does a measly $1200 buy you, especially if there are no spaces available. Don't get me wrong, I’ve said many times that any parent could use the extra $1200, but it's no replacement for money being put into actually "Opening" daycare spaces. What about the people that can already afford daycare, but can't find an open spot??? I wonder what happens in places like Ontario where daycares are already being built based on the money earmarked in the previous deal??

|

    About me

    • I'm PoliticsNB
    • From New Brunswick, Canada
    • I'm just a 37 year old average Joe Shmoe voter. I work a 40 hr week, and have no political affiliations. I tend to be center or left of center on most issues, but I do firmly believe in the right of the "rights" to exist. :-) You can also contact me via MSN Messenger. politicsnb@hotmail.com
    My profile
    Listed on BlogShares