Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Harper & Emerson Break No Rules..... » | Ex-PM does it for sex pros » | A note about the comments. » | Harper Continues to Muzzle his team. » | Bob Rae to decide in days. » | Politics + Manure.... » | Maritime Union. » | Should we have a debate about Our troops in Afghan... » | 95% Vote No To Emerson in Mock Byelection. » | Harper "loath" to co-operate with Ethics commissio... »

Harper Rides Into Town With Gifts.

Well, the word is that PM Harper is coming to town tomorrow, and he'll be baring mucho gifts. I heard the Liberal Paul Zed, and others saying that it's simply the money that was already earmarked for the city by the previous government. And of course Lord, and Mayor McFarlane saying it's new money from the conservative government. I tend to think it's a bit more of the first, since we haven’t even got to Parliament yet, would it make sense that Harper is doling out new funds already?? I mean they wouldn’t even have all their committees etc. in place yet would they? Perhaps, I’m wrong. We'll probably never know for sure. Either way, it's good to see Harper honoring his commitments made in the Province during the election. I'll give him points for that at least. Then again, as I was cautioned in a previous blog, you can’t judge a government simply by a single act, so I’ll not get too excited about it. :)

I like many, have been hearing the rumor that perhaps we'll be into a Provincial election shortly by Mr. Lord’s choosing, and not by the hand of Tanker Malley. Could this quick infusion of funds be a bit of payback for Mr. Lord’s endorsement during the election??? Awww, that would be awfully cynical of me now wouldn't it?? I can't imagine his endorsement is really worth that much money anyway.

The question is, will this really help the Lord government in an election if it does indeed get called? I tend to think, probably not.....but then again the electorate is a strange beast sometimes.

By the way, can anybody fill me in as to where and why Fredericton needs another bypass?? I haven't heard anything about it until it hit the news today. Not saying it’s not needed, but would like some more information about the project if it’s available.

|

    About me

    • I'm PoliticsNB
    • From New Brunswick, Canada
    • I'm just a 37 year old average Joe Shmoe voter. I work a 40 hr week, and have no political affiliations. I tend to be center or left of center on most issues, but I do firmly believe in the right of the "rights" to exist. :-) You can also contact me via MSN Messenger. politicsnb@hotmail.com
    My profile
    Listed on BlogShares