Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Ex-PM does it for sex pros » | A note about the comments. » | Harper Continues to Muzzle his team. » | Bob Rae to decide in days. » | Politics + Manure.... » | Maritime Union. » | Should we have a debate about Our troops in Afghan... » | 95% Vote No To Emerson in Mock Byelection. » | Harper "loath" to co-operate with Ethics commissio... » | And so it begins....... »

Harper & Emerson Break No Rules.....

Which leads me to ask why the big outcry from the Harper camp to begin with???

The Ethics Czar Shapiro released his report today which states that Neither Harper nor Emerson breached and rules in this affair. However, Shapiro did call on the parliament to hold a debate on the practice of switching parties, and crossing the floor. Personally I have a problem with any member crossing the floor to gain a cabinet post, whether it is Stronach, or Emerson. It just smacks of opportunism, greed and lust for power. I like the idea of members having to sit as independents until a by-election is held. We'll see if the man who has billed himself as Mr.Ethics and accountabilty will tackle the issue at all. I somehow doubt it......but we'll see.

I suspect this is likely the last report from this ethics commisioner we'll see. I wonder who will replace him. Anybody here any names being kicked around??

|

    About me

    • I'm PoliticsNB
    • From New Brunswick, Canada
    • I'm just a 37 year old average Joe Shmoe voter. I work a 40 hr week, and have no political affiliations. I tend to be center or left of center on most issues, but I do firmly believe in the right of the "rights" to exist. :-) You can also contact me via MSN Messenger. politicsnb@hotmail.com
    My profile
    Listed on BlogShares