Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Hey hon, can you grow us a roast for supper?? » | Dissident Tories to Watch: » | WTF??? Harper spent all the money before he landed... » | Harper Rides Into Town With Gifts. » | Harper & Emerson Break No Rules..... » | Ex-PM does it for sex pros » | A note about the comments. » | Harper Continues to Muzzle his team. » | Bob Rae to decide in days. » | Politics + Manure.... »

Does this mean no spring election?

Well it appears Bernard Lord and his team have been busy beavers getting together some goodies to try and stave off a spring election.
I'm not going to type out a summary of it, you can see it for your self here:

Office of the Premier

and here:

CBC New Brunswick

Overall it sounds good. I'm especially happy with the Tax cut involving the provincial portion of the HST on heating fuels, and especially with the regulation of heating fuel and gas prices. Of course it doen't really keep prices down over the long term, but it does tend to stop the huge swings in price we see in the market and keeps them at fair market price instead of the gouging we've seen in the past. I'll be interested to hear what the talking heads from Irving Oil have to say. I'm betting they will not be happy campers, as they have always strenously faught ANY move to regulate prices in NB.

It's about time, and it's too bad that Mr.Lord had not acted on some of this before the threat of being forced into an election was upon him. It will be very difficult for Tanker Malley to vote against this budget if this is any indication of what the rest of the budget will look like, IMO. But will he??? I guess we'll see when the full budget comes down. Is it too little to late?? Did Mr.Lord's inattention to the provinces business while he was jockeying for position for the federal job hurt his long term chances here at home?? Will people forgive him, and take the goodies and run, and give him one more term??

Oh and for the record, I thought it was very poor form for Graham to vow to defeat the budget before he's even seen it. At least wait and listen to it in it's entirety before you run your gums. Not very smart Shawn IMO.

|

    About me

    • I'm PoliticsNB
    • From New Brunswick, Canada
    • I'm just a 37 year old average Joe Shmoe voter. I work a 40 hr week, and have no political affiliations. I tend to be center or left of center on most issues, but I do firmly believe in the right of the "rights" to exist. :-) You can also contact me via MSN Messenger. politicsnb@hotmail.com
    My profile
    Listed on BlogShares