Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Newspaper Muzzles its readers...... » | Closer than most thought?? » | Election Night Plans » | Keir does it right.... » | The Liberal Platform » | Debate Thoughts » | Debate Tonight » | Blogging Article in HERE Newspaper.. » | When two voices are not enough » | PUB ---- Hello?? Anyone home??? »

Advance Poll Numbers Up...

I see CBC is carrying a report that advanced polls are up 50% over the 2003 election. In it, Barry Kay from Wilfred Laurier University talks about the “theory” of heavy voting in the advance polls translating to a high turn out for the election (which he says has no basis in fact). I agree with him. I think many just take advantage of beating the "rush" and getting it done early. Myself I prefer the "old fashioned" vote on election day, then settle down with a few cold ones and watch the returns come in. :-)

However, it got me to thinking about the issue of voter turnout. If there is a high voter turnout, is that good for the Incumbent Conservatives? Or would a small turn out be more in their favor. Depends how you look at it I guess. I would tend to think a High turn out in the overall numbers could be trouble for the PC’s, as it may signal many people are in a “looking for a change” state of mind, and A low turnout, signals an apathetic, indifferent, or satisfied electorate, and I would have to think that would benefit the PC’s. That’s my take…….interested to hear some other thoughts.

What do you think?

|
Listed on BlogShares