Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Judge William McCarroll Holding Hearing Thursday » | No Pre-kindergarten for N.B » | Government Changes The Law To Avoid Paying Back Fees » | Fixed Election Dates » | 2007 N.B. Speech from the Throne » | The Crossing Of The Garth » | Quebec gets better LNG deal than Saint John » | Support For A bilingual Canada » | Moncton By-Election » | I'm baaaack! »

Bernard Lord Heads To Montreal Law Firm.

Well, if you haven’t seen or heard yet, former New Brunswick Premier Bernard Lord is heading for greener pastures in Montreal.

For myself and others like David Campbell this one really is no big surprise. It’s been the rumor flying around.

I notice Scott over at The Sorry Centrist has some interesting thoughts regarding Mr. Lord’s move perhaps even coupled with a little angst?

I respect Mr. Lord’s decision to take this job and head off to Montreal, as it’s a free country and he’s certainly free to go and do as he pleases. I must say though, that a part of me can’t help but be a bit disappointed. The story does say he will commute to Montreal, but rumors are all ready flying that in a year or so he’ll be gone for good. After the attention is gone perhaps?

God knows I have not always been a member of Mr. Lords cheering section while he was premier, however, I never doubted his personal commitment made to New Brunswick. I remember the many speeches where Mr. Lord spoke of the opportunities available here, and how it was up to New Brunswickers to work together to continue to create new opportunities. Heck even at his resignation, Mr. Lord and his handlers assured everyone that no matter what Mr. Lord Chose to do it would continue to be in serving this province.(Or something to that effect) Working for a Montreal Law firm doesn’t really do much for NB IMO.

So sure, he’s free to do as he wishes. But it sure makes many of his words he spoke on the subject during his tenure ring kinda hollow doesn’t it??

But all that said, I guess I can be big enough to wish him well.

Good Luck Bernard.

PNB

|
Listed on BlogShares