Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Michelle Hooton...will she go all the way??......t... » | Rick Mercer's Blog » | Wait times in New Brunswick deplorable. » | All the candidates are in. » | Home Heating Fuel Costs » | Liberals support second nuclear reactor » | Tag Board » | Tolls, VLT's, and everything between. » | NDP's Broadbent unveils federal ethics plan » | Lets get this show on the road »

Lord comes baring gifts.

Bernard Lord was in the city today on a visit to Moosehead Brewery. It seems Lord has struck a deal with Moosehead, and Labatts to come through with some cash, to make up for the deal given to Molson in Moncton. No figure released yet, but it'll be in the millions for sure. Now, I figured this would happen at some point, but I find it to be a big coincidence that it just happens to be made at the same time the Tories are trying to win the by-election in Saint John. I think Lord has made more announcements in the city in the last week than he made in the last couple of years, at least since the last election. I'll bet this isn't the last trip to the port city he'll make before the election, and not the last "big announcement" he'll make. Yeah,yeah, I know Spinks will tell me "that's politics, get over it" but it leads me to wonder when governments are going to stop trying to buy our vote, and more importantly, when will the people stop falling for it?? It's always the same thing, nothing for 4 or 5 years, then right before an election the purse gets busted open and the money flows. Are people really that naive, or have we grow so used to it, that we think "that's just the way it's supposed to work." Maybe it's time for a wake up call at ALL levels of government. Time to let them all know we can't be bought. We are all important to our government for the full term of a office or kick them to the curb.

Am I wrong on this?? Should we just sit back and wait for an election of some sort, to receive the things that we need for our communities? It is our money he's spending after all. Think about that for a second. The government, buys your vote, with your money, and then we are grateful we were thought of at all.......

|

    About me

    • I'm PoliticsNB
    • From New Brunswick, Canada
    • I'm just a 37 year old average Joe Shmoe voter. I work a 40 hr week, and have no political affiliations. I tend to be center or left of center on most issues, but I do firmly believe in the right of the "rights" to exist. :-) You can also contact me via MSN Messenger. politicsnb@hotmail.com
    My profile
    Listed on BlogShares