Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Merry Christmas Everyone! » | $250M forestry deal for New Brunswick » | What are they hiding?? » | Tucker Carlson On Canada.... » | Need a degree to care for young children?? » | Saint John Pension Fund. » | English Language Debate.......... » | English Debate Tonight. » | French language Debate » | Bring back the Airborne regiment? »

Liberal Executive quits over blog comments.

Mike Klander, who is the executive vice-president of the Liberal Party's Ontario wing, quit over comments he made on his blog about Jack Layton, and Layton's wife, Olivia Chow.

His comments on Jack Layton:
Quote from the blog. (Now Taken Offline)

"I'm going away for a couple of days, so I thought I would find something smart and witty to put up on my blog before I left. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of anything, so I just want to say that I think Jack Layton is an a**hole ... for no reason other than it makes me feel good to say it ... and because he is."

He also posted a picture of Olivia Chow and a chow chow dog with the caption:
"Separated at birth."

Pretty uncalled for IMO. It was a personal blog, and not a party blog, but still....a bit of a black eye for the party all the same. Not the type of comment you would expect someone in an executive position to say in a public.

|
Listed on BlogShares