Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Cut Taxes-Stay Alive?? » | Election Issues » | First election sign of the season... » | NB Election - September 18 » | Grand Manan Leading the Charge?? » | Election In the Fall?? » | Let the beer and popcorn flow » | The Top 10 » | Of weathergirls and lawyers » | Still Alive and Kicking!! »

Officially Sept 18th

Well now it is official. Premier Bernard Lord has dropped the writ, and the race is on!

Just a few thoughts.

Despite the assurances by both leaders of intentions on running a clean race, I think we are going to see a dirty, in the mud, fight. We have no clear victor here, (although I have to give the early lead to Lord) and these guys are going to use all ammo and every trick in the book to win. I'd like to think they would keep it semi-clean (although lets face it, it is New Brunswick Politics we are talking about here.....not the cleanest at the best of times :-) ) but I think a desire for power will drive whoever is lagging behind to get nasty quickly.

Gas Prices and energy in general will be the major issue. I fear it may overshadow things like education. Remember our low literacy scores??
New Brunswick Scores Below Average

How about economic development and jobs?? Or HealthCare?? Not to mention Fowlie,and Tanker's shenanigans.

This is going to be an interest race indeed........and a tough fight on on both sides......


Oh and Scott, I'm hearing that Hooten will not be re-offering after her last trouncing.......so I guess your case of Keith's is safe bud! :-) Two bad, as I was looking forward to a free case of the second best Maritime Beer! hehe.......(Saint John Boy ya know.....Moosehead Pale is the Best........ I stick with the home team!) :-)

PNB

|
Listed on BlogShares