Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Bernard Lord Heads To Montreal Law Firm. » | Judge William McCarroll Holding Hearing Thursday » | No Pre-kindergarten for N.B » | Government Changes The Law To Avoid Paying Back Fees » | Fixed Election Dates » | 2007 N.B. Speech from the Throne » | The Crossing Of The Garth » | Quebec gets better LNG deal than Saint John » | Support For A bilingual Canada » | Moncton By-Election »

Should the party be topping up the Premier's salary?

Via CBC: Liberals say no more extra funding for politicians

Should the party be topping up the Premier's salary? The Liberals say no.

I've actually had some strong feelings about this in the past when Premier Lord was vilified by some for the practice. You can read about it Here

I challenged Graham then to weigh in on this one back then, and it would appear he’s doing just that now.

I never thought I’d see the day when I agreed with something Stuart Jamieson had to say, but here it is! lol

Conservative MLA Bev Harrison says “Part of your job role is to lead a party. It's another facet of your job. So you should really be paid for that sort of service.”

I have to disagree. The Premier already receives a salary as MLA and Premier of the Province. Should the leader of the governing party be paid twice for the same job? I think not. Of course, it’s a good gig if you can swing it.

Somehow, I have a feeling though that this could just be the first move to bump salaries in the capitol yet again.

|

    About me

    • I'm PoliticsNB
    • From New Brunswick, Canada
    • I'm just a 37 year old average Joe Shmoe voter. I work a 40 hr week, and have no political affiliations. I tend to be center or left of center on most issues, but I do firmly believe in the right of the "rights" to exist. :-) You can also contact me via MSN Messenger. politicsnb@hotmail.com
    My profile
    Listed on BlogShares