Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Lord comes baring gifts. » | Michelle Hooton...will she go all the way??......t... » | Rick Mercer's Blog » | Wait times in New Brunswick deplorable. » | All the candidates are in. » | Home Heating Fuel Costs » | Liberals support second nuclear reactor » | Tag Board » | Tolls, VLT's, and everything between. » | NDP's Broadbent unveils federal ethics plan »

New Rules for Schools

So, no more junk food being served in New Brunswick schools. I personally think it’s a great idea. But I have to wonder how much of an impact it will have, as realistically, you’re only talking one meal a day. If parents would do the same at home, maybe it would really make a difference. I fear however, that kids will simply bring their snacks and “unhealthier” food from home, or buy it at the local convenience store, or take out restaurant. Either way I think the Government did the right thing with this decision at least.

Now on to what really concerns me, the fundraising issue. This will have an impact of fundraising for sure. In my opinion, the schools wouldn’t have to do fundraising to the extent they do in the first place, if they were getting the proper funding from the government. Why oh why, are we turning our children into little beggars??? Education is the future, and I’ll be damned if I think that our kids should have to be running around the street trying to get people to buy chocolate bars, magazines etc, simply so they can have the things they should all ready have!!! The government blew this one by only doing half the job. The children of this province should be concerning themselves with getting an education, not honing their salesmanship skills.

To the Lord government…..first you (and the governments before you) force the children of this province to the streets, hawking goods, to try and raise money towards their education. Then, you take away some of that, by banning the sale of things like chocolate bars. Don’t you think it might have been a good move to also add some extra funding so the system wouldn’t be taking yet another hit???? I guess education isn’t that important to the Tories. Why am I even surprised!

|

    About me

    • I'm PoliticsNB
    • From New Brunswick, Canada
    • I'm just a 37 year old average Joe Shmoe voter. I work a 40 hr week, and have no political affiliations. I tend to be center or left of center on most issues, but I do firmly believe in the right of the "rights" to exist. :-) You can also contact me via MSN Messenger. politicsnb@hotmail.com
    My profile
    Listed on BlogShares