Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Let's get this show on the road » | Implications of Caledonia Blockade » | Shawn Graham Faces the Music » | It only takes 4 steps » | Do high gas prices hurt New Brunswick's tourism in... » | Looking for Guest Bloggers » | Bush worse than Clinton. » | Will He stay or will he go...... » | Rule Changes to the Legislature.....again. » | The children continue to play. »

On Stephen Harper's withdrawal [from the press]

[Cross-posted to The Sorry Centrist]

EVEN THOUGH I agree 100 per cent with Harper's recent assessment of the Ottawa press gallery where he said, "I have trouble believing that a Liberal prime minister would have this problem", unfortunately, there is a side of me that is convinced that a majority of this dispute resonates from his very unpredictable personality. In fact, this whole messy ordeal reminded me of an old excerpt from Preston Manning's book Think Big regarding the Prime Minister;
The positives are impressive: he has a brilliant strategic mind, a sound grasp of public policy, and good communication skills in both French and English. The negatives - his mistrust of the grassroots, his tendency not to be a team player in his early years, and the tendency to withdraw - are manageable if they are ackowledged and compensated for by the strengths of others.
So who should be blamed for this frivolous feud? Who the heck knows? Since I am not there firsthand to witness the wasteful behind-the-scenes dribble, it is impossible to answer that question unequivocally. But the one thing I do know for certain is that this is definitely a zero sum situation where neither party intends to give in. So with that in mind, I do believe there is one last grasp at a resolution to this amazingly tiresome affair. That being, an olive branch in the form of a moderate conservative negotiator. Unfortunately, I'm pretty confident, in saying, that this PMO hiring will not take place anytime soon folks.

|

    About me

    • I'm PoliticsNB
    • From New Brunswick, Canada
    • I'm just a 37 year old average Joe Shmoe voter. I work a 40 hr week, and have no political affiliations. I tend to be center or left of center on most issues, but I do firmly believe in the right of the "rights" to exist. :-) You can also contact me via MSN Messenger. politicsnb@hotmail.com
    My profile
    Listed on BlogShares