Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Liberals Broken Promises. » | Moosehead Now a "National" Brewery » | Should the party be topping up the Premier's salary? » | Bernard Lord Heads To Montreal Law Firm. » | Judge William McCarroll Holding Hearing Thursday » | No Pre-kindergarten for N.B » | Government Changes The Law To Avoid Paying Back Fees » | Fixed Election Dates » | 2007 N.B. Speech from the Throne » | The Crossing Of The Garth »

Justin Trudeau To Run In Papineau

Via CBC: Justin Trudeau will run in Papineau

I’ll come right out now and say I personally like this guy.

There, now that that is out of the way......

It’s inevitable, that Justin Trudeau will invoke comparison with his famous Father. Lord knows the Trudeau name is perhaps not an easy one to live up to or even with in some cases.

Some Canadians say that famous name with pride, and perhaps still a bit of a sense of awe. Others, derision, and yes, truth be told, in some cases hatred. Me, put me down for a bit of column A and a bit of column B, although, hatred would be far to strong in my case. But it’s not my mission to debate Pierre’s legacy here. I have a sneaking suspicion that Pierre Trudeau may make a postumous visit to Spinks' 101 List..... Just a hunch on my part. :-)

I'm honestly hoping Canadians, and more importantly in this case, the people of Papineau will be able to give Justin the chance to sink or swim on his own. If you must dislike, or deride him, at least let it be on his own ideas, and not simply because of the ideas of his famous father.

While it’s inevitable there will be some parallels in ideas between father and son, there will no doubt be some stark differences as well. Don’t forget, Justin has grown up in a country, as have many of us, where his father has had a huge part in shaping it’s current identity. He has the benefit of seeing the good, as well as picking out the bad. You know what they say about hindsight.

I personally look forward to seeing Justin in action. I have a suspicion this guy may be harboring some tools even Pierre didn’t possess.

All that aside, let s face it; this kid is a “Star Candidate” if ever there was one. Any party would jump at the chance given the current state of minority affairs to enlist Justin Trudeau.

Also, he’s not running for PM folks, so lets remember that. He’s vying to be an MP, representing a single riding......

Will it lead to more than that eventually?? Who Knows.

That’s one many of us will be watching.

Labels: , , , ,

|

    About me

    • I'm PoliticsNB
    • From New Brunswick, Canada
    • I'm just a 37 year old average Joe Shmoe voter. I work a 40 hr week, and have no political affiliations. I tend to be center or left of center on most issues, but I do firmly believe in the right of the "rights" to exist. :-) You can also contact me via MSN Messenger. politicsnb@hotmail.com
    My profile
    Listed on BlogShares