Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Justin Trudeau To Run In Papineau » | Liberals Broken Promises. » | Moosehead Now a "National" Brewery » | Should the party be topping up the Premier's salary? » | Bernard Lord Heads To Montreal Law Firm. » | Judge William McCarroll Holding Hearing Thursday » | No Pre-kindergarten for N.B » | Government Changes The Law To Avoid Paying Back Fees » | Fixed Election Dates » | 2007 N.B. Speech from the Throne »

No Income Splitting Any Time Soon.

Via CTV: Tories back away from income splitting: report

I can think of one fellow blogger who won’t be overly happy with this one. My friend Spinks has been a big advocate of income splitting in the past.

Quote From the CTV Story:


Don Drummond, chief economist for Toronto-Dominion Bank said he expects the Tories will try to deliver on broader income splitting in future budgets.
"It's not a matter of principle. It's a matter of cost," he said. "Its day will come, but it will have to come at a time when they have a larger amount of fiscal resources," he told The Globe.


In other words don’t hold your breath…..lol
Going to be difficult to keep cutting taxes, yet eventually have “more fiscal resources” IMO.
Of course, I guess it would be possible, if say, they were to make more cuts to social programs for instance..... Naw, they wouldn’t do that if they win a majority next time around......would they??

|

    About me

    • I'm PoliticsNB
    • From New Brunswick, Canada
    • I'm just a 37 year old average Joe Shmoe voter. I work a 40 hr week, and have no political affiliations. I tend to be center or left of center on most issues, but I do firmly believe in the right of the "rights" to exist. :-) You can also contact me via MSN Messenger. politicsnb@hotmail.com
    My profile
    Listed on BlogShares