Click To Enter!

Permalink « Home | Andy Scott Calls It Quits » | Liberals Win Moncton East By-Election » | I'll Take Rumours and Innuendo for $400 Alex! » | Righting a Wrong....... » | No Income Splitting Any Time Soon. » | Justin Trudeau To Run In Papineau » | Liberals Broken Promises. » | Moosehead Now a "National" Brewery » | Should the party be topping up the Premier's salary? » | Bernard Lord Heads To Montreal Law Firm. »

Another Federal Election Coming Up??

There's a certain smell in the air these days........

and no i'm not talking about air pollution.

Via CTV: Tory spending points to coming election: analyst

As the CTV story points out, there has been alot of spending anouncements made in the last few months, and it seems to be ramping up even more the last week or so. Yesterday Harper announced $155.9 Million to Alberta's energy industry "more environmentally friendly."

We've also been hearing Mr.Harper will be announcing money for harbour cleanup. According to MP Greg Thompson "Well, you probably won't be mowing your lawn when it happens, let's put it that way."
I have to admit to some scepticisim considering the ton of "announcements" we've heard on the subject with little to no real action over the last 10 or 15 years on the subject.

Anyway, I'm inclined to agree that couple all these announcements with, the latest Poll Numbers and it's a recipe for an election, likely a spring one, but i'd not discount a fall one either. Think barbeque circuit, with all these announcements to talk about all summer...lol

My money is on the Spring though....strike while the iron is hot they say.

Question is, do Canadians really want to go back to the polls yet again??? I really don't personally.

Then again, it will give lots of fodder for bloggers as per usual.

Anyone willing to bet against a spring election??

Labels: , , ,

|

    About me

    • I'm PoliticsNB
    • From New Brunswick, Canada
    • I'm just a 37 year old average Joe Shmoe voter. I work a 40 hr week, and have no political affiliations. I tend to be center or left of center on most issues, but I do firmly believe in the right of the "rights" to exist. :-) You can also contact me via MSN Messenger. politicsnb@hotmail.com
    My profile
    Listed on BlogShares